The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands recognizes and respects the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers, registered members, gift recipients, business contacts and other users (each of which may be referred to, individually and where applicable, as “you”), and has established this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) as a result. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of:
- the information, including personal information, we may collect about you when you visit our Website (as defined below), respond to our emails, place orders, provide product reviews, chat with our virtual gifting assistants, submit website feedback, participate in sweepstakes and promotions, receive orders, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App), use our e-Gifting Service, visit our physical facilities and events, or otherwise interact with us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), online chat, email, social media, fax, mail, or courier service (collectively, our "Service");
- why we gather information about you;
- how we collect it;
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it);
- how we secure your personal information; and
- the choices you may have regarding the personal information we have collected about you.
This Privacy Notice does not cover information you provide to our independently owned and operated franchised retail stores. This Privacy Notice also does not cover personal information that we collect about employees, job applicants, and contractors relative to their employment or engagement with us.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, except as noted below and unless you are explicitly notified otherwise, the Company is the controller of your personal information, and where the processing of personal information is also undertaken by our Affiliates with whom you engage, the Affiliate are joint controllers with the Company for your personal information. Joint controllers are all responsible for deciding how your personal information is held and used.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe to, or register for the Service as a member (or 21 years or older in the event that you place a request for transmission of an order for a product containing alcohol). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Company is committed to making our Website's content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on the Website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please call us at 1-800-356-9377 or email our team at Accessibility@1800flowers.com with “Disabled Access” in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.
Why We Gather Information
For individuals subject to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“EU”) or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (“UK”), our processing of your personal information is justified on the following legal bases:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
- you have consented to the processing.
This Privacy Notice applies to all visitors, including EU and UK residents. Additional information on our privacy practices with respect to EU and UK residents, and the rights that may be available to you as an EU or UK resident, can be viewed here.
What Information We Gather
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect some or all of the following categories of information:
- Contact and other personal information: your name, address, postal code, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information, as well as gender and birth date, if you choose or are otherwise required to enter such information, and interests,
- Billing information: credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address,
- Purchase information: products purchased and occasion type (for example, particular holidays), and any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles or using an affiliate code or link),
- Gift-related information: gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birthdates and email addresses, and the gift messages you include,
- Device information about the devices you use to access our Service (including mobile devices), platform information, user identification number and general device location,
- Application information - including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications,
- Network information –including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Service, and
How We Collect Information About You
A. In general.
We collect your information when you:
- visit our Website and/or use our Service,
- place an order or receive a gift,
- participate in our Celebrations Passport® loyalty program,
- participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, live events, requests for suggestions, requests for reviews and user-generated content, and membership registrations,
- seek assistance from our customer service team through email, telephone, automated and live chat sessions, or any other channels,
- visit our facilities and events,
- request a catalog or other information, and
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to you.
The information may be provided directly to us by you, such as when placing an order or participating in a survey, or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain device and usage information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream or other session data that may be recorded as you interact with our Website or mobile applications, to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
We may also gather information about you from third parties, such as social media sites, data co-ops, and commercial data providers.
B. How we use "Cookies" and "Action Tags."
We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our Service on your computer to assist in analyzing our business and customers, and to give credit to other sites that direct traffic to our Website for marketing purposes.
Our Service may also use a web technology called "action tags" (also called single pixel gifs, web beacons, local storage objects, and local shared objects) to track purchase, usage and other web activity information. Action tags may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes. In addition, third parties may set their own cookies and tags through our Service (such as through interest-based advertising, described below). We do not control such third parties or their privacy practices. If you do not want third parties to be able to use such methods, you can modify your browser settings relating to cookies or exercise choices that we offer as set forth below.
C. Interest-based advertising.
- Our Services.We collect or allow other companies to collect data for use in interest-based advertising when you use our Service. Other companies may serve interest-based advertisements on our Service. We use as a guide the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://youradchoices.com/choices-faq).
- Other Services. Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based upon data that has been previously collected about your past behavior on our Services and across different websites and services. For example, if you have viewed websites about gift baskets, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift baskets. This activity is called interest-based advertising (also called targeted or cross-context behavioral advertising). We do not control such third-party advertising services or the websites or services on which these advertisements appear. Further, we do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities.
- Choice for Interest-Based Advertising. You may opt-out of having data collected, used, or transferred for interest-based advertising by certain companies listed at: https://optout.aboutads.info/OR https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and you may also learn more about interest-based advertising at such websites. If you opt-out, you will still receive generic advertisements, but they will not be based upon your behavioral data possessed by the companies from whom you have opted-out. This process relies upon an opt-out cookie for each browser and each device, so if you delete your cookies or use a different computer, you will have to repeat this process.
D. Mobile Push Notifications.
As a user who has downloaded our Company’s mobile application(s), we may from time to time send you push notifications to your device to communicate with you and advise you of current offers and promotions. To ensure that you receive timely notification of such communications and promotions, we need to collect certain information from your device as indicated above. If at any time you do not wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off on your device.
E. Digital Analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Company’s mobile application(s) on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes, subject to their privacy policies. We use third party analytics such as Google Analytics to gather and analyze aggregated anonymous user information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Sites by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
F. From Other Businesses Who Ask Us to Process Your Information
On occasion, our Company and Affiliates may operate as a data processor of your personal information rather than a controller. For example, our corporate gifting program enables companies to send gifts to their employees, clients, or other persons, which involves the provision of certain elements of personal information. We then process this information in order to send gifts to those persons. In situations like this, when we act as a processor, the privacy statement of the relevant controller and our agreements with such businesses or entities will govern our processing of the applicable personal information.
How We Use And Share The Information We Collect
We may use information we process and collect for any lawful commercial or business purpose, such as to communicate with you, to process orders, to improve our products and services (such as by responding to your feedback), to conduct research (such as statistics on favorite -- i.e., most ordered -- products), to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience (for instance, to provide event reminders, such as birthdays), to inform you and your gift recipients of offers and discounts from the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands and Company Affiliates, and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs that you have joined.
We may also use your information, as necessary or appropriate in our view, to operate the Service, to respond to your inquiries, to process orders or registrations, to conduct promotions, contests, and sweepstakes in which you participate, to protect the Service, the Company, and others, and to prevent fraud, theft, and misconduct.
We may combine information we receive about you via our Service with information from our Affiliates and third parties. We use the combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us (for example, by keeping your profile up-to-date) and to communicate with you in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also use your personal information as indicated at the time of collection or with your consent (where required by applicable law).
In addition, as provided below, the Company may use or share your data with both affiliated and unrelated third parties, for the purposes so identified.
A. Affiliate Data Sharing.
We may provide your information to our Affiliates for use in connection with their businesses, including sending you offers and promotions. They are required to comply with this Privacy Notice. The following categories of information may be shared with our Affiliates:
- Contact and other personal information: your name, address, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information, social media user names, as well as gender and birth date, if you choose, or are otherwise required to enter such information, and interests,
- Billing information: credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address,
- Purchase information: products purchased and occasion type (for example, particular holidays), any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles),
- Gift-related information: gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses, and the gift messages you include,
- Device information about the devices you use to access our services (including mobile devices): platform information, user identification number and general device location,
- Application information - including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications,
- Network information –including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Service; and
B. e-Gifting Service.
Customer: If you choose to send a gift and notify the recipient using the electronic gift service available on our Website (the “e-Gifting Service”), you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself, your intended gift recipient and the method to communicate the transaction. This information will be shared with our e-Gifting Service technology provider, Smartgift, Inc. for the purpose of administering the e-Gifting Service.
Gift Recipient: If a customer has elected to send you a gift using the e-Gifting Service, your personal information, which is required to deliver the gift to you, will be shared with our e-Gifting Service technology provider, Smartgift, Inc., for the limited purpose of administering the e-Gifting Service.
C. Sharing with Others.
We may also share your information with third parties, including service providers engaged to provide services on our behalf, and may authorize them to use such information for our benefit, for instance, to process your order, to manage aspects of a business relationship, and to better communicate and provide appropriate offers to you and your gift recipient(s).
Examples of our information sharing include:
- Internally. We may share your information with Company Affiliates as described above, as well as subcontractors, agents, and consultants, who help us operate and improve our businesses and services.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide financial products and services related to our business.
- With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. We may make such information (except for credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and CVV codes, unless you consent otherwise), including aggregated information, available to certain third parties including, but not limited to, data processors and/or other data controllers and those who share or rent information for direct marketing purposes, to enhance one or both of our advertising or promotional endeavors. This may include third parties that support or facilitate our marketing efforts and advertising campaigns, including those based on interest-based advertising. You may opt out of this sharing as described below. Personal information collected for our short code programs (SMS and MMS text messaging) is not shared with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- To Comply with the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include determining your eligibility to purchase a product containing alcohol, or responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information for other legal purposes as set forth in Section E below. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winners list.
- To Update Our Records. We may use your information to match it with other public and private data sources (such as the U.S. Postal Service and publicly available consumer data warehouses) or the records of our business partners solely to enhance our records and keep them current (such as by updating your profile with a new address, interests, and the like). We also may work with other third parties who possess your information to enrich and update our records for purposes of our advertising or promotional endeavors.
In addition, we may make such information (except for credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and CVV codes, unless you consent otherwise), including aggregated information, available to selected third parties for other reasons that we may describe to you at the time of collection.
D. Change of Business.
We may transfer your information in connection with the potential or actual sale, lease, license, assignment, acquisition, merger, reorganization or change of control of the Company, our Affiliates, or the division responsible for the Service with which your information is associated, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding (or otherwise, with respect to the foregoing, of part, or all, of our business).
E. For Legal Purposes.
F. Public Forums
Where We Store Your Information
Our Service is operated in the United States and internationally. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred to, and stored in, any country in which we conduct business, including the United States, the EU and the UK. By using the Service or otherwise providing us with information, you hereby consent to this transfer. At times, for orders originating within the EU or UK or being delivered to the EU or UK, we may use third parties located within the EU or UK to process such orders. In so doing, we take steps to ensure those entities will process your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Although personal information collected by us through the Service will be used by us in accordance with this Privacy Notice, laws generally applicable to the protection of personal information in the U.S. or elsewhere may not be as stringent as those in your home country.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We may retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies and for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, and resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, as well as for any additional purpose based on the choices you have made, such as to receive marketing communications.
If you have questions about our data retention policies, please contact us as noted below.
How Your Information is Secured
The security of your personal information is important to us. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com.
If you place an order on our Website, it encrypts the credit/debit card number you submit prior to transmission over the Internet using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. This technology works best when the Website is viewed using Microsoft Edge®, Google Chrome®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Apple Safari® browsers. However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we receive.
Portions of the Service (such as our Member registration and Address Book) may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the "Password"). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of the Company and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Service (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
Your Privacy Choices
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us.
Any promotional email we send to you will include a link to “unsubscribe” from promotional emails from that sender or to otherwise manage your email communication preferences. Alternatively, you can email us at: PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com from the email address that you wish to have unsubscribed from promotional messages.
If you wish to set other preferences concerning promotional communications, or you prefer not to have your personal information shared with third parties, please let us know by contacting us as noted below in the “How to Contact Us” section and identify your preferences regarding promotional communications and the sharing of your personal information. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
Accurate information is important to all of us. Members can directly access and correct their membership information (including name, payment methods, billing address, recipient addresses, and email address) by signing into your password-protected account and visiting the "YOUR ACCOUNT: Overview page.
You can also request that we delete your account in our mobile application and delete your login ID for our Website at any time by completing this Web/Mobile app deletion request form.
Additionally, if you would like to access or correct personal information that you have previously provided to us, including your complete name, postal address, and email address, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-356-9377 or chat with us on our Website.
What If I Choose Not to Give You My Personal Information?
You are not obligated to provide us your personal information. However, if the personal information is necessary to supply goods or services to you under a contract or an order between you and the Company and you do not give us your personal information, then we will not be able to enter into that contract or honor that order for goods or services.
Additional U.S. State Privacy Choices and Disclosures
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, and Virginia residents may have certain rights under state privacy laws with respect to personal information we collect. This Section contains disclosures required by law and explains rights that may be available to you.
Personal Information We Collect and Disclose. In the preceding 12 months, we may have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information about You, as described in greater detail in the “What Information We Gather” and “How We Use and Share the Information We Collect” sections of the Privacy Notice:
|Categories of personal information||Disclosed to the following categories of third parties for our business purposes||Shared for targeted advertising purposes or otherwise sold to the following categories of third parties|
|Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)||Service providers
Third party advertisers
|Recordkeeping information (such as bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information)||Service providers
|Characteristics of legally protected classifications (such as age, date of birth, gender)||Service providers
Third party advertisers
|Commercial or transaction information (such as records of products purchased, received, or considered)||Service providers
Third party advertisers
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email application, or advertisement)||Service providers
|General device location information (such as zip code)||Service providers
|Audiovisual information (such as videos and photos you may provide to us)||Service providers
|Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences||Service providers
|Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above||Service providers
For purposes of the chart above, “Advertising companies” refers to parties who are in the business of providing advertising services to a variety of clients, including us. “Third party advertisers” refers to parties who receive personal information for purposes of their own advertising efforts.
In addition to the disclosures listed in the chart, we may be required to disclose any of the personal information categories above in response to lawful requests from public authorities, as described in the “How We Use and Share the Information We Collect” section above.
Categories of Sources. We collect personal information from the following categories of sources, as described in greater detail in the “How We Collect Information About You” section above:
- Our customers who may send gifts to You;
- Our service providers;
- Our business partners;
- Commercial data providers;
- Social media networks; and
- Government entities.
Our Purposes for Processing Personal Information. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use and Share the Information We Collect” section above.
Your Rights. Residents of certain states have rights with respect to the personal information we collect. You may be able to exercise the following rights regarding personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to confirm whether we are processing personal information about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; our purposes for collecting or selling personal information about you; the categories of personal information about you that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you.
- The right to opt out of (i) the processing or sharing of personal information for targeted advertising; and (ii) the sale of personal information. You may submit your request to opt-out of these activities by clicking this “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link (which can also be found at the bottom of our Website pages) and completing the applicable form. Please note that if you opt out of certain practices, we may be unable to provide you with some services. Additionally, we do not knowingly sell or share personal information of individuals under 16.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the above privacy rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By email at PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com.
- By phone at 1-800-356-9377.
Additionally, for Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents, if you have submitted a request that you believe we have not fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by sending an email with the subject line “Appeal” to PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com.
Verification Process and Required Information. To respond to certain rights exercise requests, we may need to verify your identity by having you provide information about yourself or your account. Authorized agents can make a request on your behalf if you have given them legal power of attorney or we are provided verification of your identity, and, in some cases, confirmation that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Nevada Privacy Rights. As a Nevada resident, you may submit a request directing us not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about you. You may submit your request to opt-out of the sale of your information by selecting this “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link (which can also be found at the bottom of our Website pages), or by emailing PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com, or by calling us at 1-800-356-9377.
Notice of Financial Incentive for California Residents
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM family of brands may provide you with opportunities to receive a variety of special offers, such as discount codes, in exchange for allowing us to collect, retain, and sell your personal information as described in this Notice. This includes all categories of personal information listed in this Notice. In exchange for providing personal information, such as your email address or phone number, you may receive discounts on our products, additional products, or other financial incentives. The terms of each offer are presented at the time that you choose to provide information to us.
You can opt into our special offers by providing the requested information associated with a specific offer. You have the right to withdraw from receiving special offers at any time. These instructions may vary by offer. Please see the section of this Notice entitled “Your Privacy Choices” for more information.
The special offers available to you are based upon our reasonable determination of the value that we receive from collecting, retaining, and selling personal information for our business. This estimated value takes into account a variety of factors as permitted by law, including (but not limited to) our expenses incurred in collecting and selling the information and our expenses incurred in providing special offers to you.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide you with the ability to log into our Service using a social media account, such as Facebook Connect. We do not control the activities of such social media services and have no control over the data they collect or their privacy practices. You should review their privacy practices before using any such social media service.
How to Contact Us
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands welcomes feedback concerning this Privacy Notice, please contact us by any method indicated below:
Write to us at:
Data Privacy Officer
Two Jericho Plaza Suite 200
Jericho, NY 11753
Telephone us at: 1-800-Flowers (1-800-356-9377)
Email us at: PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com
When contacting us, please include or tell us your mailing address, and if you have a catalog, brochure or other mailing label from us, please include it with your request or have it ready when you call.
If you have a privacy or data use issue, please contact PrivacySupport@1800flowers.com first. If the issue is not addressed satisfactorily or in a timely manner, you may contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
The Company may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in the future. Any changes will be posted here and reflect the date of such changes on the first page of this Privacy Notice. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.