Pre-Holiday Planning for Florists: Tips for 2023 Holiday Success
The holiday season is a time of great joy and celebration, but it can also be a time of great stress for florists. With so many orders to fill and so little time, it's important to be prepared. That's why we've put together this blog post with tips on pre-holiday planning for florists. Read on for tips and a monthly planning guide tailored to you.
Pre-Holiday Planning Tips:
- Consider Your Inventory. Review your sales from previous years, assess which products were in high demand, and take note of any trends. This will help you forecast what products you need to stock up on. Remember, it's always better to be over-prepared than under.
- Offer Holiday-Themed Packages. Creating unique, visually appealing packages can help your products stand out. These can be in the form of table centerpieces for holiday dinners, flower wreaths, or even small bouquets that make perfect gifts. Don't forget to take high-quality photos of these arrangements for online promotion.
- Staff and Training. Consider hiring temporary staff to help manage the increased workload. Additionally, consider offering training sessions to all employees. This helps ensure that everyone is on the same page and can work efficiently.
- Update Your Website and Social Media. Ensure your website and social media platforms are up-to-date with your latest offerings. Implement SEO strategies to improve your visibility online. Use relevant keywords like "holiday floral arrangements", "best florist for Christmas", "Hanukkah flower decorations", or "festive bouquets" to attract more potential customers.
- Plan for Delivery. Delivery can become a bottleneck during the holiday season. Plan your delivery schedule in advance and clearly communicate the last order dates to your customers. At BloomNet, we've invested in more efficient delivery methods to meet the increasing needs of our BloomNet members. We offer delivery management, on demand drivers, photo proof delivery, and Members have the opportunity to partner with Fluid Truck - a delivery vehicle rental service including special pricing structure.
Your Monthly Pre-Holiday Planning Guide:
- Start planning your holiday displays. This is the perfect time to start thinking about what kind of displays you want to create for the holidays. Consider the different holidays that you'll be celebrating, as well as the overall style of your shop.
- Order your flowers early. The earlier you order your flowers, the better the selection you'll have and the lower your prices will be.
- Hire extra help. If you're expecting a lot of holiday traffic, you'll need to hire some extra help. This will ensure that you can keep up with demand and provide your customers with the best possible service.
- Finalize your holiday marketing plans. This is the time to start promoting your holiday services. Make sure you're using all of your marketing channels, including social media, email, and print advertising.
- Start training your staff. Make sure your staff is up-to-date on your holiday procedures and that they know how to answer customer questions.
- Create a holiday contingency plan. In case of bad weather or other unforeseen events, it's important to have a plan in place. This will help you keep your customers happy and your business running smoothly.
- Start taking holiday orders. This is the time to start taking orders for holiday flowers and arrangements. Be sure to have a clear understanding of your customers' needs and expectations.
- Decorate your shop for the holidays. This is the time to get your shop in the holiday spirit. Decorate your windows, create festive displays, and play holiday music.
- Start marketing your holiday sales. Let your customers know about your holiday sales and promotions. This is a great way to attract new customers and boost sales.
- Continue taking holiday orders. The holiday rush is on, so be sure to keep taking orders.
- Prepare your deliveries. Make sure you have enough staff and vehicles to handle all of your holiday deliveries.
- Stay organized. It's important to stay organized during the holiday season. This will help you avoid stress and keep your business running smoothly.
- Fulfill all of your holiday orders. This is the time to make sure that all of your holiday orders are fulfilled. Be sure to communicate with your customers and keep them updated on the status of their orders.
- Enjoy the holidays! Don't forget to take some time to enjoy the holidays yourself. After all, this is a special time of year for everyone.
By following these tips and guide, you can be sure to have a successful holiday season. Just remember to start planning early, stay organized, and enjoy the holidays!
For more tips on pre-holiday planning for florists, visit our website at www.bloomnet.net.